Friday, September 11, 2015

Where the Heck Is My Cane?

               In the past week or so I've forgotten my cane in my bathroom a total of three times.

               Ok, I bet I can guess what some of you are thinking right now; TMI? I'm a dumbass for forgetting it there? Who the hell cares? HAHAHAHAHA. All valid responses and I don't blame you for those or any others that you may have. But, take a moment and think about what that actually means for a guy that's only really been walking again for about 7 or 8 months. The fact that I finished my biz, walked back into my living room, sat down, got comfy and never once thought, "shit, I need my cane" is HUGE!

               It shows that, even though I still have issues and pain when I walk, my mind has already shifted to more of a walker mentality because of my physicality. It means that the hours and miles of working out and walking, the pain and sweat, the tears of frustration, the pushing myself forward and onward are paying off not only physically, but also psychologically.  I'm changing my body AND my mind by simply doing..and that's an awesome thing to see happening in myself.

               I've said for a while now that acknowledging personal progresses in areas not specific to your direct goals is just as important as acknowledging goal specific successes and this is a great example. When I started, all I wanted was to do was to be able to walk again. I wanted to have the physical ability of walking returned to me. But in working toward that goal I'm also making it so my mind does not find any physical need for the cane and so forgets all about it. And that's pretty exciting to me.

               Even if/when you don't think you're making much progress in your personal endeavors in one way, chances are you're making progress in other aspects of your life. You just have to be willing to see them for what they are and be accepting of them when you find them. Personal improvement is always good, no matter how insignificant or left field it may seem at the time.

               Well there you have it, that's this week's bathroom story. Not sure I'll have to many more of those but hey, you never know.

               I hope you all have a great Today, I wish for you much success in your lives and I offer you my thanks and gratitude for your continued support and encouragement.

Levi "LeMo" Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment