Friday, September 18, 2015

The War Of the Weekends

               I have another weekend under my belt(last weekend) and another payday weekend looming ahead of me. But, I'm not really worried. As I said last time, I was able to identify weaknesses from the Labor Day weekend debacle and work on them for future weekends. Which is exactly what I did. Last weekend went 100 times better than the one before it and that's why I'm not concerned about this one. I knew this was going to be a learning process, just like with making an exercise routine to fit me was, and so I knew to expect a lot of tweaking.

               So far on the food and drink side of my journey things are going pretty well. I'm getting three meals a day, watching my macronutrients, regulating my portion intake, managing my snacks, trying new foods and new recipes. Hell, I've eaten more fruit in the past 2 weeks than I have in the past two years. No exaggeration. And you know what, I dig it. I really do. My morning fruit and protein shake is one of my favorite meals of the day and the time I enjoy the most.

               On the exercise side of my journey, I'm still struggling a bit. I think my biggest issue is not having access to "conventional" cardio equipment. Since I can't just go outside and walk or run to burn calories I've been trying to tailor make something that will get my heartrate up for an extended amount of time. There's not a lot of lower body options I have open to me right now so I have to stick with core and upper body, but I don't want to exhaust them and not be able to do my resistance tube or body weight exercises. I've figured out a decent option now, tabata style shadow boxing, that seems to work and it's better than nothing. I just really don't like it. I'm finally getting a set of dumbbells this weekend, so next week I can start adding complexes into my weekly routine for cardio and strength training. So between that and the shadow boxing I should be on the right track for the future. At least until I can get some rowing or pool time in, I LOVE rowing!

               Well that's it for now. I'll post a quick update next week on how the weekend went but to be quite honest I don't foresee any issues.

Have a great Today everyone and remember; Do what you can now, until you can do what you couldn't before!

No comments:

Post a Comment