Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The First Seven Days

               So wow, a full week has passed already and boy has it been interesting. More like an emotional and nutritional rollercoaster. I've learned a few things about my health and nutrition; like, it's not as easy as "eat less, move/workout more". It's slightly more complicated than that and just a bit frustrating not being able to walk for long periods of time for cardio. I've learned a few things about myself; like, I'm not as strong willed as I thought I was and that I believe I actually do have an addiction to alcohol that I have to overcome.

               The first few days were great. Getting up on time, eating a lot better than I ever had, trying new foods, on point with the new workout regiment. But then Friday night came, and everything went to shit. Long story short, there was too much eating at restaurants, too many missed meals, too many explosive emotional episodes, too much alcohol and not nearly enough cardio. I am ashamed of myself. I am disappointed in myself. And I feel like a failure...yay. But, I have learned more about where my weaknesses lie and I am now better informed as to how to deal with them.

               On a happier, more productive note. I reached the 1/4 mile mark in my daily walking. WOOHOO! I'm actually doing 1500 feet 4 times a week now. Plus I've added in an additional 250 I walk after I get done with my 2 exercise blocks. So technically that's 2000 feet walked. Of course the fact that I'm almost 100% wheelchair free when I'm at home adds still more feet walked to that daily total. ;) So who knows how far I'm going these days.

               Speaking on going far, as you'll recall I made a goal for myself that I would walk one half mile on or before the last day of this year. Well, that day has been tentatively set for the middle of October, given weather and body cooperates. My legs really feel like they're up for the challenge and are ready to go. I don't know if I can do it, but that day I'll be giving it my damnedest!

               There's my less than stellar update on the past 7 days of my lifestyle change with a little bit of hope thrown in there for taste. I hope you all have a great Today, I wish you success in your endeavors today and I thank you for your ongoing support. And remember, every journey of a thousand miles...well, you know the rest. Workout2Walkout

No comments:

Post a Comment