Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Just One Week Left

                    Weeks of research, hours and hours of reading, countless conversations with trainers, nutritionists, athletes, and regular Joes just like myself, and in just one week I'll be putting it all into action. A lifestyle change for a better me. One that will include a much healthier overall diet, a change in my weekly workouts, the addition of cardio to the routine, a YMCA membership, further distances walked daily/weekly, accountability for my eating and exercising habits and much more.
 
                    While I may have decided to do this to get rid of my belly fat, it's now become more than just that. I want more than to just shed some pounds, I want a longer, healthier, more enjoyable life and lifestyle. And to do that I have to make a lot of changes, immediately and gradually, and see that they are permanent. It's going to be just like it was when I first started working out back in March, a lot of trial and error. And I'm not gonna lie, I'm probably going to act like a little shit over some of the things I have planned. But, deep down, I know that what I'm doing is for my own good. 

                    Once I get back on my feet and walking regularly again I don't plan on stopping. I've spent nearly 3 years on my ass, I plan to make the most of my mobility once I have it back. Rock climbing, base jumping, marathons, triathlons, long distance trail walks, survival quests, cross country running, spelunking...everything I've wanted to do but couldn't. I don't plan on stopping or looking back! So I'm going to need a body that's in a lot better shape than the one I have now. Hence my journey.

                    I very much look forward to sharing this with whomever will be interested, and I hope that you share with me your own personal journeys. 

Have a great Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment