Monday, February 1, 2016

February Weigh In & Measure

               It's the first of the month and for me that means Weigh & Measure Day. I'd reminded my wife last night, as she ensures an accurate waist measure, that today was the day and to not forget in the morning. She said she wouldn't and to not worry. This morning I was the one that had forgotten all about it but she was awesome enough to set the scale out for me so I wouldn't eat or drink anything before I weighed myself. So thanks to her I was able to get accurate numbers first thing this morning.

               So here they are. I lost nothing from my waist, but I lost another 3 pounds of weight. So for the 3rd month in a row my waistline has stayed the same while some pounds have come off. I'm not exactly sure what that means, I guess that I'm losing fat in other parts of my body but just not my waist? I'm not really sure. What I do know is that three months of seeing no change in the waistline means I've hit a plateau of some sort. I also know that I need to up my cardio game and take in less liquid calories. And that's exactly what I'm going to be changing this month and moving forward with; More cardio and less liquid calories.

               I guess a lot of people might get a little discouraged or frustrated at this point, but I'm not. I've been right here the entire time so I know what I've done and not done. I'm 100% responsible for my physical outcome up to this point. And while I may not have seen a loss in one area, I have seen a loss in another. But more important than that, to me at least, is how I feel physically, spiritually and emotionally. And that's "Good!" 

               I feel good. I feel stronger, I feel more alive, I feel good about myself for being active and losing weight, I feel good about connecting with other like minded people who also want to be active, I feel good that I'm physically able to become a Community Captain for Active Southern West Virginia and help lead and encourage other people to become more active in their own lives and I feel good that my daughter is also becoming more active, taking up regular exercise and strength training and moving forward into something that she can very realistically make her own, because of my example.

               Sure, I lost absolutely 0 from my waist this past 3 months, but that doesn't mean that I wont from this point forward. And it's in no way a representation of everything I've gained these past months. And at the end of the day, I'm more satisfied with what I've already gained than with what I haven't lost yet. :)

               Alright, that's it for today. But before I go I want to remind you of something Arthur Ashe said, "Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." Pretty powerful stuff from just 3 short sentences, huh. But Oh-So true.

               Have a meaningful Today everyone and I will talk to you soonly. Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment