Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Slow and Steady

               I still can't see a difference with the amount of belly fat I have, although other people have said they can. I can't feel anything different like a lifting of weight off of my shoulders, or more accurately my knees. But I don't need to right now. Because I know that what I'm doing is better for me and better for my family, they've adopted many of my eating choices now, and that this is a long haul journey. I gave myself a year's time to lose some weight. I really didn't have a number locked in my head so much as I just wanted to be not like I was when I started this journey. HAHA And that's good because I was, and still am honestly, carrying around a LOT of extra baggage. Which would put me in an early grave had I not decided to do something about it. I'm just now getting my ability to walk back, I need all the time I can get to explore this planet with my family.

               I'll be honest, I'll be a little disappointed if I've not lost some pounds and some inches. But I'll be disappointed in myself. I've been here for the entire thing so far, made every decision, ate what I did, drank what I did, skipped what I did. I know, and I know who's fault it will be if I've not lost anything. But, I also know that this is a long term endeavor. 60 days should not determine the success or failure of doing something for the rest of my life. I'll look at what I did, and didn't, do this past month and I'll make adjustments. Tweaks. Hacks. Changes. Whatever you'd like to call them, but that's what I'll do. Because if I do too much, I'll end up quitting. So I have to ease into it, but once I'm good to go there won't be any stopping me. It's a learning experience, just like life itself. Life takes time to learn, so too will this.

               So stop by again this Sunday for the weigh in and measure. Let's see what, if anything, I've lost.

I hope you all have a Today of progress with something in you lives and remember, even the smallest measurement adds up to great distances.

No comments:

Post a Comment