Thursday, October 22, 2015

Food Cravings? Not So Much.

               I've been very fortunate with my dietstyle change as I've not really craved any food that I've either stopped eating or just don't eat very much of. Sure, there are the tastes of certain foods I miss like ham & pork bacon. But there aren't any I just absolutely have to have. I think part of that is because we're trying so many new dishes that I don't really have time to dwell on food I don't have any more. Plus I also think that once I had made the decision in my head to do this, my thought process about food changed as well. Very similar to how I stopped smoking cigarettes, conscious decisions. So ya, I've been fortunate.

               Also, quitting soda has not been nearly as difficult as I had thought it would be. I think I've had actual soda maybe 3 times since September 1st. That number includes all of the times we've eaten out at restaurants, which is like 2 - 3 times a month. Now I just drink A LOT of water. Or rather I try too. It's not so much that I dislike water as it is that hydrating is such a chore most of the time. And before anyone says anything, yes I'm conscious of and careful about drinking too much, I know it can cause hyponatremia in extreme situations. Just one more thing to keep in mind while being mindful of my body.

               Alright folks, that's it for my weekly blog post. I'll see you all sometime next week when I have something new in mind to write about. Until then I hope you have a meaningful Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment