Thursday, April 7, 2016

April Weights and Measures

               So I forgot to weigh and measure myself on both the first and the second of the month. But I finally remembered on the third, and well, the results were less than desirable. I gained a pound of weight and a half inch on my belly. Not a huge deal in the long run to be honest, but it represents a possible trend that I can't allow to happen.

               I've recently decided that long distance walking is what I want to do when I grow up. For those that are wandering, that's usually thought of in the 20+ mile range of distance. So the way I see it, the smaller I am and the better shape I'm in the better I'll be able to work toward that goal. Gaining weight isn't a bad thing in and of it's self, it's very likely that most of that pound was due to lean muscle gain. But the thing that really hit me was the belly gain. A half inch isn't that big of a deal, but it is when it's a consistent gain over several months or the next year. And I can't let that happen.

               Long distance walking has struck a cord deep within my soul. With everything in me it's what I want to do. It's what I WILL be doing this year as I go from a 5k walk this weekend to a 10k walk in May to a half marathon in December. 2016 is just my primer for LDW, 2017 is when I'm gonna really hit it. But if I don't lock down my lifestyle now then I won't accomplish my goals moving forward. And I really really want these distances!

               So that's why, as of this week, I'm taking what I've learned over the past 7 months and tweaking my dietstyle and workout regimen for the next three weeks as an experiment to see if I can buckle down and get my ass into gear. It's not going to be fun, but I need to stop bullshitting myself and quit pretending and start doing!

I. Am. Lazy. I know this about myself. But I'm not going to get what I want by being that way and I'm tired of riding the fence. I'm ready to head into the next phase of this journey I started way back on September 1st, so Phase 2 is officially starting...next week. ;)

               Be well my friends and remember; Keep doing what you can now until you can do what you couldn't before. I love you all and I'll talk to you soonly.

No comments:

Post a Comment