Thursday, October 1, 2015

My First Numbers Day

               Today is the first of the month and that means weigh and measure. But before I give you the numbers there's a few things I'd like to tell you. 
 
               First is that there are only two numbers I'll be checking over the course of the next 11 months; My waist measurment and my body weight. Oh, and they're listed in order of importance...waist and then weight. I started this dietstyle journey because I have a big belly, it's just a big pile of fat waiting to kill me. I don't want that to be the case, so here we are today. Now I know a lot of factors affect weight loss/gain. I also know not to live by the scale alone. But I also know that it can have it's place as an accompaniment tool and that's why I'm including it.
 
               The next thing is that I had not measured myself or weighed myself for the full 30 days. So that means that the numbers I saw this morning I saw for the very first time today. And I'll be honest, I was surprised at what I got. I've drank way too much Vodka and did way too little cardio during the past month and I wasn't expecting to get good results. Consequently, the too much vodka and too little cardio has been adjusted for the coming months. As a matter of fact, I had to wait until after my morning walk and cardio workout before I could sit down and write this up.
 
               The last thing, and this is the important one here, it that I feel so much better than I did when I started this on September 1st. I'm seeing changes, in how I feel AND how I look, that weren't there before I started eating healthier and for me that's the most exciting part of this journey so far. I just feel...Good! HAHAHA
 
               Ok, Ok, Ok, enough with the babbling, here it is...I lost 3 pounds of weight and 1 1/4 inches off my waist. 
 
               Yes, I'm a little disappointed. I was expecting a few more pounds to have come off. But everything I did this past month I did knowing full well the effect it would have on my body. I've seen an increase in muscle definition just about all over. Nothing huge, mind you, but noticeable. AND I have an even better model to work from in how I should be doing things moving forward. So after a month's time, I'm a better me than I was before. And at the end of the day, that's all I can hope for. So that's it for September.
 
               Have a great Today everyone and remember, every mile journeyed is made up by inches walked.

No comments:

Post a Comment