Saturday, November 7, 2015

Still Going Strong

               So I'm 67 days into this dietstyle change and I'm still feeling good; physically and emotionally. How much, if any, weight and waist I'll have lost by next weigh in seems to always be in the back of my mind. But I don't think it's a worry or concern so much as it feels like it's just a constant reminder of why I'm eating the way I am and why I'm putting myself through things that make me sore the next day. It's like climbing a mountain and looking up every so often, not to punish yourself or to cause yourself any pain but to remind yourself where you're going and why.

               I've also been very fortunate in that I have a great support team here at home. My wife and daughter have really put up with a lot and dealt well with the shift in their diets. I told my wife that she and my daughter didn't have to eat the same way I was going to be, but seeing that it was going to be healthier for them they've decided to adapt to it...mostly. Which is fine because I don't expect them to be on this journey for the same thing as I, weight loss. This was a personal endeavor and one I wasn't going to force on either of them. But it is nice to see that, for the most part, they're walking the walk right beside me.

An additional bonus to the new dietstyle was that my wife has lost a total of 13 pounds simply from changing what she eats. And probably from her new job, but mostly from changing what she eats, I'm sure of it. ;) It's not easy to make an overhaul of what you eat, food can be VERY habit forming, but she did it without one word of complaint. I'm both grateful for her and proud of her for sticking to it and losing the weight she has so far.

Alright folks, that's it for this week's installment. I will talk to you all again next week.

Have a good Today and remember, being happy with who you are happens at any weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment